Thursday, July 09, 2009

Cousin Neil's Home Game

Another Wednesday night, another home game at my Cousin Neil’s house. Even though I had a headache and was real tired still had a good time, like I usually do in this game. Interesting hand came up in the first Sit-N-Go of the night when I called a raise with J-10 of Hearts. The flop came down Q of Hearts, K of Hearts and the 4 of diamonds. We had four players in this pot so I had to decide how to play it. My cousin Nick, “King Rag”, made a continuation bet and I decided to flat call. Usually I will raise this hand up and play it real fast being I am rarely behind any holding he has. Don’t flop an open ended Royal Flush draw very often. I decided to let everyone in behind me so I would win a huge pot if I got there. Also didn’t feel I had much fold equity if I raised anyway. Had this feeling that flop hit Nick with at least top pair. The turn brought a blank and he bet ¼ of the pot so I took a look at the river. The river blanked for me and I folded my sick draw face up for everyone to see. Nick had K-J, one of his signature hands and I lost 20% of my chips in the first level. After this I just kept missing flops and ended up out in 5th place. In the second Sit-N-Go I had a lot better luck. Not much great happened to me but I played patient Poker and let my cousin Ant knock everyone out until we got heads up. I only had to win 2 hands the whole Sit-N-Go to take 2nd place out of ten. He was happy also being he ran like a god and got 8 bounties included with his win. Looking forward to the next game in two weeks. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home