Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WSOP Razz $2500 Day 1 Report

My wife and I bought into the WSOP $2500 Razz event at the same time and got seated at the same table. It didn’t seem like the WSOP employs very good random seating but it is what it is. We debated asking the floor for a seat change but decided as long as we told the table we were married and played each other fairly there wouldn’t be a problem with it. It turns out no one had an issue with us being at the same table and we didn’t get involved with each other much over the course of day one. We had an interesting first table with, Kirk Morrison, Cindy Violette, Chris Bjorin, and Dan Hemiller. Kirk Morrison was the nicest guy; we had a lot of fun playing with him. Cindy Violette was real nice and is a great stud player! She got knocked out late in the day and was replaced by the actress Jennifer Tilly. She turns out to be down to earth super nice also. We were all joking around at this table and 2 hours before it was over the drinks started to flow big time. As for the Poker I had one hand where I made a really daring bluff with a J High low hand against a weak tight amateur. He went into the tank for 5 minutes until Cindy and Kirk both had the clock called on him. He eventually folded for a $200 bet on the river into an $1800 pot! He swears he folded a smooth 9 with an Ace and a 2. If he was telling the truth, which I believe he was, I really pulled off a great bluff in a hard to bluff limit game. My wife knows me so well she told me based on my body language I didn’t want a call, which of course was right. We both survived to play day 2, she had 24K which was above average and I had 14K which put me as a short stack. We got back to the Golden Nugget at 4:30am and were both exhausted from the day of Razz. Look for more posts about this Tournament tomorrow. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home