Thursday, October 14, 2010

Steps Quest Update

The Steps Quest is going very well for me this week. Last night I played my Step 3 on Stars and won myself a Step 4 ticket. Think I will use it for a Sunday major this weekend instead of playing vs. the really tough competition in Steps 5 and 6. When we got 4 handed the chip leader played super aggressive big stack Poker. Any hand you wanted to play you had to be willing to play for your SNG life! It was a very smart way to play when you have a huge stack and the other 3 stacks are basically even. I adjusted my strategy to only play hands I was willing to risk it all with. I noticed the other 2 players trying all different raise sizes to open the pot and not learning that the big stack was just going to go over the time over and over again. I saw him take down 10 pots in a row by re-raising and no one calling him. Whenever I would open it was for a shove and he would just fold to me, even though I only had less than ΒΌ of his stack. I love playing in these with another player that understands how to put pressure on the shorter stacks. So I spent $15 and have earned a Step 4 worth $215, not too shabby. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Anonymous other1 said...

Nice one. I haven't played the steps much but I like the sounds of being able to use the medium level ones for MTT buyins on fulltilt. I'll have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home