Sunday, October 28, 2012

Foxwoods HOSE Trip Report

I was very disappointed at the HOSE Tournament at Foxwoods on Friday October 26th.  It was bad on many levels.   Foxwoods has really gotten so cheap with everything to do with Poker these days.  First thing is $50 rake on a $350 buy in!  Then to add insult to injury they take out another 3%, which used to go to the dealers but now they keep.  WTF the dealers work for a living and I doubt the people who cash are going to tip anything extra.  Not when the house is taking out so much for rake!  Also they used to have a little free Coffee, Tea, and snack area set up for the tournament players.  They cut that out too!  Also used to give you the choice of a small tournament memento or a food comp as part of the buy in. They are all gone too.  I could go on and on about how poorly they ran the tournament, especially the structure.  By the third hour it was a total luck fest.  I should have looked over the structure before going.  If I did never would have wasted my time and money in this joke of a tournament.   No wonder they only got 87 players on a Friday.    As for my play in the tournament it was just plain bad too.  I will talk about that in another post.  Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables.  Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home