Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Ebook Preview

Here is a sneak peek of a section of my Ebook that I hope to have for sale soon.  Thanks for your patience.  Tony



Welcome to Atlantic City, faded seaside resort city and east coast Vegas, want to be. Playground to every jet setter, high roller, high stakes Poker playing smuck, sleazebag and little old grey haired lady trying to get a piece of the gamblers dream to make that one big score. This is my territory; my name is Frank Vagola, Atlantic City P.I. I’m an ex-cop from the New York suburbs of Ridgefield Park New Jersey.  After putting in my 20 years of service to qualify for a full pension I retired from the police force.  Things were getting too corrupt for my liking anyway.   Also New Jersey Policies were starting to get to me.  Over time we public servants have lost any amount of respect from the public, we are paid to serve.  Being there have been many scandals involving crooked cops I see why this is.   These days I spend my time in private practice as a private investigator, have an office above my garage in a small house I rent in Absecon New Jersey.  It’s not glamorous but it pays the bills and keeps me out/in trouble on a daily basis.  Mostly spend my time following cheating spouses around to motels alone the major highways of New Jersey.  Speaking of which I have lived in my whole life and intend on dying here too.
 If you tell people, from other parts of the country, that you are from New Jersey they make some bad joke by stating, “Oh yea, which exit”?  This  joke is referring to the fact that Route 95, called the New Jersey Turnpike, is the main road most people associate with our great state.  The reason for this is that the Newark airport is located on the New Jersey Turnpike.  Also that area is full of many chemical plants that emit bad smells and tons of pollution into the atmosphere.  So when people are driving or getting driven out of the airport they pass through this area and it makes a bad first impression on them.  We all know how hard it is to change a bad first impression of anything.  This is why it’s so important for restaurants to look clean and well maintained on the outside.  If it looks bad from the outside people won’t even give it a chance. So New Jersey is like a rundown restaurant that may never get a chance to show off how good their food is being the bad first impression ruins it.  Anyway I have gone off on a tangent about my lovely state of New Jersey back to the story of how I almost got killed investigating another routine case of a couple getting intimidated by mobsters they owed money too.   So I thought it was going to be another easy routine case for me.  I didn’t know what I was getting myself involved with for this case until it was almost too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home