Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tournament Variance

Tournament variance can be brutal at times. It goes with the territory.  I just played a small field MTT o Party and had a huge lead once heads up.   It was winner take all and I got screwed in too huge hands.  First one I lost all in with AK of clubs vs. sixes.  No biggy I lost a race.  Then I grinded back up to about even in chips.  My opponent was really bad so I probably shoud have avoided playing large pots with him.  He raised and I 3 bet shoved with pocket tens.  So far a standard heads up play.  I could have tried a stop and go, just called and then shoved a non dangerous flop.  Thing is he snap calls with?  (A-3 off suit, such a bad call as deep as we were.)  I am good until the river when an Ace hits!  So bad he wins everything and I get nothing.  Tournament variance is a bitch!  Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables.  Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home