Monday, October 30, 2006

Foxwoods tournament.

Went to Foxwoods this weekend to play in the $600 modified shootout tournament on saturday. I liked the structure of
the tournament. They had 2 qualifing rounds, one at 10am and one at 1pm. Top 3 finishes at each table would advance to
the finals at 7pm. I felt I played well but I bubbled in forth. I had such a good solid table image that I never went
to showdown with a hand the whole tournament until the last hand. I was short stacked with $2200 left and the blinds at
$200-400 with a $50 ante. In the small blind I picked up K-7 of hearts. If folded to me my plan was to push all in.
Being I had a really tight solid image I felt there was little chance the bid blind would call unless he picked up a big
hand. It was folded around to me and I pushed. The bid blind spent like 3 minutes before finally calling me. I was
just hoping for 2 live cards. Nope he called me with A-7o. I didn't improve and was out on the bubble. The rest of
the table was happy to advance to the next round. His call was fine being I was so short stacked, it was worth the
gamble to knock me out. I felt my play was fine also being I needed some chips to survive. Oh well I will get them
next tournament. Later on I will write about so interesting hands from $5-10 with a full kill. Good Luck at the
tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home