Tuesday, April 01, 2008

WSOP Step Trouble

The Steps last night were just brutal. I am now left with 1 Step 2, 1 Step 3, and 1 Step 4. I had a donk put a bad beat on me in a step 4. I was the chip leader with 3100 chips at 50-100. I had been playing totally tight, since I doubled up early and we were down to 7 players on the step bubble. Everyone folded to me in the small blind, I have Q-10 off. I bring it in for 3x the big blind. The villain calls me. The flop come A-J-9 off suite. I do my standard C-bet of 300, probably a mistake being it’s only ½ the pot. Thing is I was playing tight and getting a lot of respect the whole SNG. He calls and the turn comes gin for me with an off suite 8! I bet and he min-raises me, so I push him all in. He insta-calls me and has j-8 off for a crappy 2 pair. Of course you know how the story ends; bad play gets rewarded by an 8 on the river. I lost 60% of my chips and couldn’t get anything going after this. I ended out in 7th place and lost any step tickets I would have gotten had I lasted just one more place! He played the hand badly from start to finish yet he gets rewarded. Of well no one ever said life or poker was fair. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home