Friday, May 16, 2008

FTOPS RAZZ Results

My wife fought hard in the FTOPS Razz last night. She lasted almost 3 hours but couldn’t get deep. The way these are structured everyone gets to the point where they are one hand to the river that loses in trouble. Basically the chip leader can get to the river 3 times before going broke. The live version of any Limit Stud variant is the same. Last year in a Taj US Poker Championship preliminary event I was playing in a Hi/Lo Stud tournament and doing great. Around 15 from the money I was the chip leader. All that meant was I could almost get to the river three times well everyone else couldn’t. Within 30 minutes I was knocked out 10 from the money. 2 huge monster draws tramped me to the river to lose most of my chips. In one I started with A-3-5 of clubs, caught the 6 of clubs on forth. This is a sick monster draw in Hi/Lo. On the river I caught a 7 thinking I was at least getting half the pot. Nope my nemesis, at the table, had a wheel on 5th! The other hand I started with 4-5-6 rainbow and called to the river only to catch 3 bricks face cards on 5th, 6th, and 7th. Lost the hand to a pair of jacks. So 4-5-6-8 on forth against a high only hand losing to one pair! Arg this game can be as frustrating as Razz. So I played a few SNGs last night, had no luck at all. Played in 5 of them with no cashes. Three times I bubbled, two of the times I got it in with the best hand.(70% pre-flop on both.) The other hand was A-K for me against Queens, no improvement. It is just so sick how I can’t win all in with pocket Kings. Again last night I raise and someone pushes me all in. Before I call I tell my wife watch this, he has A-3 off and I will get knocked out once again with pocket Kings. She comes over and I call, he has A-4 off?? Ace on the flop and IGH on the bubble. No lie I think I am 0-9 with Kings when we get it all in pre-flop. I had them 2 other times last night but thankfully everyone folded. Hope this will be my weekend to make a nice score. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home