Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Battle of the Planets Quest is On

I seem to be back on track in Sit-N-Gos. I played two $16 turbos last night on River Stars. Came in second in both of them. I may have to finish out a block of 20 at this level. So far I have 4 cashes in 5 attempts. On Sunday the same thing happened I started out great in the low level ones with 5 of 6 cashes. I was all excited about finishing in the top 20, and then variance hit me. The next day I only cashed in 1 of 9 of them and ruined my chances to cash in the promotion. This time I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched. If things look good on Saturday I will try to finish out the block. I am excited about a freeroll I will be playing on Saturday. Ultimate Bet is rewarding is most frequent point earners with a freeroll to a WSOP tournament. They have 6 different levels, based on how high you finish. I will end up playing in a freeroll where 1 in 5 win a seat to their $530 - 25 seat guarantee main event tournament on Saturday night. I may have to play a lot on Friday night to maintain my position. Even if I fall back I am still guaranteed a seat in a freeroll where 1 in 10 win a seat to the $530 main event tournament. I would much rather play in the first tournament, 20% advancing is much easier then 10%! I also played some short-handed Limit last night, against a bunch of maniacs. Before I realized how crazy they were playing I was down 25 BBs. Then I decided to look someone up on a flop of 8-2-4 where I had defended my bid blind with 8-10 sooted. He capped the flop so I went into check call mode. Turn a jack he bet I called. River a 2 he bet and I made the crying call. The pot was shipped my way. I looked up his hand, pocket 7s. Now I realized I was getting run over in previous hands. Suddenly I started calling people light and winning hands. In no time at all I was up a small amount. You really have to adjust you calling requirements when playing in short-handed games with uber-aggressive players. Lesson learned and now I have notes on the maniac. I will look for him tonight : - ). Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home