Friday, January 02, 2009

A Quick Online Review

I went over my records for Online Poker for the year and it was quite interesting. I crushed full ring games. Hi/Lo Stud was my best game with Limit HE a close second. I won a decent amount in SNGs. MTTs of course were a big bankroll leak for me. I know this but I continue to spew money in an attempt to make a big score. Hell it happened for my cousin, not just once but twice, so maybe it will happen for me. During the year I won maybe one MTT a month, but never one with a ton of players. Tournaments with 150 or less players were great for me. The ones with over 150 were where I spewed a lot of money. What have I learned from all this reflection? Probably that I will continue spewing money in MTTs because it’s fun to have a dream. Also that I should really focus on the Full Ring games . Lately I have been crushing the Hi/Lo Stud games at Full and River Stars. Also get the added benefits of clearing bonus, Rake back, and earning a ton of points to buy free “Poker Stuff”. Playing in the Ring games has a lot less variance than MTTs for sure. Where is this post going, I don’t know. The moral of this story is that we should stick to what has worked in the past. Of course this is easier said than done. Really I should stick to Double or Nothing and Heads Up Sit-N-Gos being these have been the most profitable for me over the year. I will stick to them this year, doubt it. Always want to challenge myself which usually means playing in a form of Poker that I haven’t been winning in. There lies the paradox, I keep playing in games I have trouble beating for the challenge. Probably not the smartest thing to do but at least it forces me to get better. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home