Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Limit vs No Limit

This post is about Limit vs. No Limit games. I am getting convinced that the easy money to be made is at Limit Poker these days. It seems to me that players are getting better at No Limit, especially in MTTs and luckier in Cash games. What I mean is they are shoving or calling shoves with close to the right odds in the Cash games these days. As for MTTs they are shoving or calling shoves early in the tournament to get nice stacks so they have full chip utility later on in the tournament. Don’t know if this is intentional or they are just getting lucky to stumble onto this concept. As for Limit MTTs people just don’t play all the games properly. Razz, Hi/Lo Stud, and Omaha Hi/Lo are just full of bad players making horrible calls time and time again. Lately I have had a ton of success in Omaha Hi/Lo MTTs, especially when we have gotten short-handed. All the hand reading from No Limit MTTs is coming in handy when short in Omaha Hi/Lo. I know it sounds crazy but No Limit has improved my Limit MTT skills. All Poker skills carry over to all the games somewhat especially hand reading skills for sure. My Tournament Leader Board quest is alive and well now after this week’s wins in 2 Omaha Hi/Lo MTTs I took down. I even have a shot at a monthly TLB cash on Stars, think have to finish in the top 100 to cash. I am currently in around 9000th place but we are all bunched up, point wise. If I can final table a few more MTTs this weekend I will be right in the race. I will post my progress, if I make any this weekend. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home