Thursday, July 01, 2010

WSOP $2500 Razz Day 2

Day 2 of the WSOP $2500 Razz didn’t go too well for me. My 2nd day table draw was pretty bad. When I first got to the table the big stack, Hasin Habib wasn’t there yet and also the 4 seat was missing. This was good being I was able to win the Bring in and Antes a few times. Than a let’s call him Stubborn Old man(SOM) took the 4 seat. In one hand I raised with A-4-6 with the 6 as my door card and the SOM called with a Ten showing. I made an 8-6 by fifth and bet every street. He called me down and when I checked the river he bet, I called to be shown the 7-5 he caught on the river! This happened in another hand where I was betting the best hand and he chased with a 9 as his door card. Damn I hate playing against SOMs! (BTW – He would go on to min-cash in this event, don’t know how!) I hung on as long as I could and ended up knocked out in around 95th out of 365 players from this tournament. Things went much better for my wife. She ended up at a table of nasty jerks who never believed her whenever she bet. She had to put up with a lot of BS but was able to chip up nicely and hang tough. When they were down to 55 players, with 40 being paid, she got moved to the “Feature” table. This was the table that would be the last to get broken and it was stacked with great players! Jen Harmon in seat 1, Daniel Negreanu in seat 3, my wife in seat 4, and Matt Glantz in seat 6. Basically a table you don’t won’t to be at in a Razz tournament! On a side note this was the day after Ivey won his bracelet and Daniel looked focused and hungry to win one also.(That and the rumored over a million he will lose to Ivey if he doesn’t win a bracelet also!) She was basically card dead but hung on to get into the money. I will continue this post another day to tell you how it all plays out. Thanks for reading and good luck at the table. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home