Sunday, June 12, 2011

Borgata HOSE Tournament Review

They know how to run tournaments at the Borgata. The $350+50 HOSE event was run professionally yesterday. The turnout was a little low but there is a little Series running right now called the WSOP! 80 players showed up and we started with 15,000 in chips with the levels rising every 30 minutes. There was much play, didn't feel real pressure until 5 hours into this. At one point I was close to being the chip leader with 36K chips. Went card dead for 2 hours and maybe tighten up too much to bring me back to average around 22K. I really felt I played great only making a few mistakes here and there. One hand that crushed me was making Aces and Kings on the river in Stud after betting every street. I acted first and my gut told me to check but I bet into the young aggressive player. He took a long time and finally raised me. Knew I was beat but had to see his hand. His board had nothing going at all with 2 clubs. He turns over 3 clubs in the hole for a hidden flush with puts me on temp. tilt! From that point on I had to struggle off elimination. Lasted down to 18 players with 9 making the money, first paid almost 10K! So frustrating I played for almost 9 hours and went home tired with nothing to show for it. Oh well I will try next time. Happy Sunday. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home