Sunday, November 06, 2011

Elks Club Tournament

Last night I played my first live Tournament in a really long time. Played the $120 MTT at the Elks Club in Tenafly. While some players got better in general the field was full of donks to try to avoid them getting lucky and knocking me out. First thing I noticed is the drinks were flowing before the tournament started. If you want to drink cheap the Elks club is the place to go. We had about 85 players with the top 9 getting paid off. I lasted for hours and made the final 3 tables. A hand that took most of my chips shows how bad the play was. Under the gun limps(With 10 Big Blinds) and so go the next 2 players. I look down to see A-9 suited on the button. I think perfect time to squeeze with my 18 Big Blind Stack. I expect to take down the pot 80% of the time in this spot. Under the gun snap me so fast I think right away he has Kings. Nope he has Ace-Jackoff a monster! He trapped me and couldn't wait to get all in with Ace Jack? I hate that play and couldn't suck out. I was crippled and could never recover. Went out a few minutes later. Next time I will be back to play in this weak field. Thanks for reading and enjoy the main event today. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home