Sunday, August 12, 2012

Borgata Deep Stack Tournament Trip Report

I played in the Deep Stack event yesterday at the Borgata.  Over 650 entries, with re-entries, if knocked out in the first 6 levels can rebuy into the event.  The structure was decent starting with 15K chips and 30 minute blinds.  I lasted 8 hours to get knocked out right before the dinner break and close to the money.   I had between 10 and 20 Big Blinds the whole day.  Real problem was all my big starting hands came early in the event.  Also I overplayed them all pre-flop so didn't make many chips on them.  Also I lost a big pot with Queens early in the 3rd level that hurt my chip count. It took me a few hours to really recover from it and get back up to 20 Big blinds.  Overall I was happy with my play and just couldn't win an all in race with nines vs Ace-Jackass at the end.  If I win that hand I would have been right back in the hunt with around 45 Big Blinds. Oh well there is always next time.  Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables.  Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home