Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nasty Virus

I had a nasty Virus yesterday!  Actually not me, even though I am still sick, it was my computer.  I had the "FBI" has locked your computer Virus.  Wasted 3 hours trying to fix things but had to give up.  Finally bite the bullet and called Mcafee.  Let me give everyone sound advice, pay your yearly fee to them to keep up to date on your Virus protection.  I wasted 6 hours of my life and $130 to get my machine back into working order.  Could have just paid the $89 for 3 years proactive protection but didn't.  Be proactive not reactive when it comes to your computer!  Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables.  Tony

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger skotzo said...

I had the same virus 2 months ago. Went to Google and typed FBI virus and found the solution. Had to delete an entry in my registry and the Windows 'temp' folder.

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

I wish it was that easy for me. Problem was I had a bunch of other viruses too. Plus they had spread to all of my subdirectories. Took the guy from Mcafee hours to find them all! Thanks for reading. Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home