Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Setup

As I wrote in my previous post I played in the Borgata $340 No Limit Tournament on Saturday. Played pretty solid for a few hours. Actually what appeared to be super-tight, being my cards were dead. Finally in late position I pushed all in with 8-6 of spades. An older gentleman in the Bid Blind stated he wasn’t calling unless he had Queens or better. He looks at his cards and mucks the A-10 of hearts face up. At the time he had 5 times the chips as me. Regardless he believed I had a monster so I flipped up my 8-6 for everyone to see. The table was shocked being everyone thought I was playing so tight. I showed this hand to set them up for later, which happened a few hands later. I get dealt 2 Kings under the gun. I insta-pushed to try to sell I was frustrated. A guy 2 to my left insta-calls with A-9o. I doubled through him for like 60% of his stack. A good player at the table, except for the fact that he kept giving everyone lessons, stated that I had set up that call perfectly from my show of 8-6 a few hands ago. I agree totally that it was a great setup. Just that I didn’t need him educating everyone about what I had done. The setup play works well if people at the tables are paying attention and “trying to play good poker”. In this case most of them were. Look for some more posts about the tournament this week. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home