Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Great Read!

Here is an interesting hand I took part in at the $340 Borgata tournament. The blinds were at
400-800T with a 100T ante. I had 10000T left. Not too short but needed to make a move soon.
From the cutoff I raise to 2400 with A-Jo. A loose agressive player, with a ton of chips, calls me.
The flop comes Q-7-7. Not a bad flop for me. I continuation bet for 2400 leaving me with 5200T
chips behind. He calls me. The turn brings another 7. He checks and I check behind. A brick
falls on the river and he insta-bets 3000. I was basically put to the test for my tournament life
here. Something just didn't feel right about this bet. I felt he was betting being I checked behind
on the turn. I took my heads phones off and told him, "That bet smells funny." He didn't look too
confident. I just kept staring at him to get a read on his hand. Then he started talking. He said
what do you have A-Q? I replied that all my chips would be in the middle if that was the case. He
then said oh I know what you have A-K, right. I replied, very close to that. I then stated if I make
this call I will look like a genius or a total donkey. I glared at him after this statement and he
looked really un easy. I said I call and before I could do anything his cards were in the muck. I
then slammed my A-J down on the table and pulled in the large pot. I got a lot of nice call comments
from the table. One player had put my foe on 4 sevens. He was sure I was being trapped the whole hand.
I felt great after this call but it was short lived. Soon after this I put the short stack all-in when
I had A-3s. He called with J-6o and flopped a jack. This took most of what I had left. Of well I gave
it my all. That's it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home