Monday, February 12, 2007

Crazy hand at the Borgata.

Sorry about not posting a trip report yesterday. The trip to the Borgata was a lot of fun. I will post more details about it this week. I played in their $340 No limit tournament on saturday. Didn't play too well, mis-played some big hands. I did make one really great call of a bluff, will post about that hand sometime this week. The hand I want to talk about was unreal! If it happened online I would think that online is rigged, like many others think - LOL. In my 25 years of playing I have never seen this happen before! The stacks aren't that important but I will set up the hand this way. At 400-800T with a 100 ante a short stack goes all in for 4000. He gets called by a big stack and they turn over their cards heads up. Short stack(SS) has Queens and Big stack(BS) has threes. The flop comes 2-3-2 and the SS stands up and says good game everyone. The dealer burns and turns and a Queen comes off. The SS lets out a yell of happiness. So the BS states nice hand, while the SS sits down again. Of course guess what comes off on the river? The case 3 comes down and we all start jumping around! The SS was ahead pre-flop, BS ahead on the flop, SS ahead on the turn, and the BS wins on the river! What a crazy hand that was. I would love for someone to calculate the odds on this hand playing out the way it did. The Short stack left the table just shaking his head. I talked to him an hour later and he was still in shock. This table had many crazy hands going on. I wouldn't believe this hand if I hadn't seen it myself. We also had set over set 3 times in 4 hours. I finished in the middle of the pack with about 80 left out of 178. I will say it again this tournament has one of the best structures I have ever seen for a $340 tournament. (10,000 in chips and 30 minute levels.) I will play it again ASAP. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home