Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I play bad.

I play bad, very bad. I starting playing SNGs yesterday all confident that I was to win them all easily. Let me tell you over confidence is a sure path to losing in Poker. Was playing a 9 man NL SNG on FullTilt. Things were going well, had a great table image. I was able to steal the blinds at least once every orbit. We were down to 5 people, my stack was in the middle of the pack. I raised a few times in a row, with decent by not great cards, and I took down the blinds. Then on the button I raise to 3 times the big blind with K-J of spades. The Big blind called. Flop comes down 10-3-2 off suite. He checks and I make a continuation bet of half the pot. He calls, a light bulb should have gone off in my head. Hmm no draws out there and he called me, what does that mean? Turn brings a king and he checks to me. I think my kings with a J kicker are good. I bet the pot and he calls me. At this point I have 1000 chips left, enough that I could still recover being the blinds are 100-200. Also had great image so I didn’t want to bust out here. River is a blank and he insta-pushes. I think for like 1 second and call off my whole stack. He of course has K-10 and knocks me out of the tournament. What a donkey I am. I hate getting knocked out of a tournament/SNG by calling off all my chips. Usually when I get knocked out I am the aggressor and just get unlucky or run into a big hand. I play so bad sometimes! Need to improve of my focus and concentration while playing online. The fact that I was 4 tabling, at this time, probably had a lot to do with it. Also riding an exercise bike, watching TV, and reading an email at the same time. Multitasking can be bad. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - Big Shoutout to Cousin Ant! Kick some ass at the Taj this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home