Friday, September 14, 2007

Playing SNGs again

Feel like my SNG problems are finally resolved. Started playing them again last night. My first one was a disaster, flopped a set of Jacks and got it all in on the flop. At this point I was second in chips. The flop was very scary K-Q-J. The chip leader called me with A-K and rivered a ten to knock me out. I was thinking here we go again. I keep at it and took third in my next No Limit SNG. BTW got coolered in this one too, at least was in the money. Then I played a HORSE one on Full Tilt. Took down first place for a nice boost to my confidence. Lost a small amount playing live but had a winning night overall. I went back to my old style and it paid off. Play super tight for the first few levels. Once some people get knocked out open up my game. In the HORSE tournament I hadn’t played a single hand until two people had gotten knocked out. At that point I had 1300 chips left and then took half of a huge pot in Hi/Lo stud. This put me up to second place, with some breathing room. In these limit tournament it’s good to have enough chips that you can absorb the bad beats you are surely about to receive. This is the nature of limit poker, take the bad beats and shake them off. I have learned this from playing many Hi/Lo Stud tournaments over the years. Starting with Aces up on forth and someone going for a low will back into a straight more times then you think. A straight and a low is such a monster in this game.(Also a flush and a low is too!) Speaking of Stud Hi/Lo tournaments may be playing in the Taj one on Tuesday. I hope not because that will mean I got knocked out of the WPT main event at the Borgata. Of course this all depends on if I win my seat into it on Saturday. My vacation plans have all kinds of contingences build into them. Wish me luck in whatever tournament I play in. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home