Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More WSOP Steps

I played more WSOP Steps SNGs last night. Ran bad and played bad on top of it. I now have 1 Step 1, 1 Step 3, and 1 Step 4. I invested $22.50 in 3 more Step ones. Considering how bad I played I am actually happy to almost be in the same position as the night before, minus 1 Step 2 seat. I don’t have an exact total but think I am in for a $250 investment so far. Not too bad being I own Steps worth $304.50. Problem is I have run into a wall in Step 4. Not only can’t I get past it but I have gotten knocked out 3 times already not even getting anything back! In other words the top 6 get a step back and I have finished in 7th 3 times. Need to adjust to the better structure and players I find at Step 4. The first 3 steps have 5 minute blinds and are full of loose Donks. Step 4 has 10 minute blinds and is full of decent playing nits and aggressive bullies. Maybe I should play my Step 4s on the weekend. Last weekend I did great in them, twice I finished in 3rd to repeat step 4. If it wasn’t for bad beats/lost coin flips I would have been up to Step 5 now. Don’t think I want to touch Step 6 on the weekends, being I have noticed the top Internet players seem to be playing in them all the time. Last weekend no less than 3 top 20 Pocket Fives ranked players were playing in them every time I checked! Anyway hopefully I will play better at them tonight. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - Just a reminder to please click on my Google Ad banner above this post. Need to keep the lights on this BLOG : - ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home