Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another Day of Online Play

Played a few MTTs yesterday, with mixed results. I got really deep in a Stud Hi/Lo one on River Stars but got coolered a few places out of the money. The way these tournaments are structured they may as well be No Limit, after the first hour. Usually one bad hand and you are done or crippled. I started with 4-5-8 of diamonds, four limpers and I limped behind also. I catch gin on 4th street the Ace of Diamonds. This hand is a monster powerhouse draw with tons of scoop potential. Problem is Hi/Lo is like Razz, you don’t have a made hand until at least 5th street(Unless you have trips or quads!). I needed any low card or any diamond, better yet a low diamond for a most likely scoop. Instead I catch 2 big bricks(Face cards) and a black four. After this hand I had less than 400 chips. I got knocked out shortly after this. Sucky thing is if I make my draw I am close to chip leader and can coast into the money. Instead I get nothing at all for 3 hours of playing well. MTTs are just so brutal! On the live play side I did really well. I played a few hours of low limit stud and won 20 BBs. Played some short-handed Limit HE and won around 12 BBs. Overall was a slightly positive day. Being it’s gotten harder to win Online these days a win is a win. I hate to say it but everyone that complained about UGIEA drying up Online Poker did have a point. It seems being it takes more effort to fund your accounts that a lot of the fish have migrated off of playing Online. Funny thing is the live games in AC seem to have gotten even softer since this trend started. There is still bad play out there; it’s just that now you have to hunt a lot more to find it. BTW – I have noticed that I am getting more and more international readers to this BLOG. Welcome and enjoy my ramblings every day. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - Thanks again to my readers for clicking through on my Google Banner, above this post, please keep it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home