Monday, June 02, 2008

New Month of Online Play

On Sunday had an OK day playing online. It’s a new month so I wanted to start it off on a winning note. In Sit-N-Gos I was slightly positive. Played in four and took a first in one of them. In live play I did well playing short-handed Limit HE on Full Tilt, won 10 BBs after 2 hours of play. Didn’t fare too well playing low limit Stud on Ultimate Bet, lost 30BBs after a few hours of play. The loss on Ultimate Bet was less than the win on Full Tilt, so again slightly positive. MTTs where bad for me yesterday. They seem to be the major leak in my roll. I looked back at last month’s play and they wiped out all my profits and more for May. I keep getting right on the door step of cashing and not getting there. I played in Full Tilt’s new Heads up tournament again yesterday. I won my first 2 matches and then played a total luckbox in my match to get into the money. Keep getting him down with a 5 to 1 chip lead when he would get lucky to come back. I played a small ball type of style, very long and slow match. Actually everyone else’s match was done, in this round, and we keep playing. He sucked out on me a few times to take a small lead. I could tell he wanted to finish the match, keep getting more and more aggressive. Then the last hand came up. On the button he raised 4X and I pushed over the top with K-Q suited. He insta-called and I thought I was in big trouble. Nope he called me with Q-J off. Jack on the turn and I get knocked out once again on the bubble! His play was just terrible; if he folds there the match is even. Instead he gambles with a hand that can’t be ahead of any I am pushing with right there. At best I have a small pair and we are flipping. Hate when bad play is rewarded time and time again. Thing is on Saturday I bubbled in this same tournament also, against a total push monkey. I called one of his pushes with pocket nines, he had 6-3 off and made two pairs on the river! I can’t fade the BS in these MTTs. Should just stick to live games, the variance is so much less. Enough online play, the WSOP looks to be so huge this year. The $1500 NO Limit tournament on Saturday was the largest non main event in WSOP history. Over 3500 players showed up for this 3 day event. Damn I can’t wait to get to Vegas to play in the WSOP. Just 12 more days until my much needed vacation! Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony
P.S. – Again thanks to my readers for clicking through on my Google Banner, above this post, please keep up the good work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home