Sunday, July 06, 2008

Borgata Bad Play

This is not a bad beat post. It's just an example of how bad the play was on Friday in the 75K $340 No Limit tournament at the Borgata. This hand took place at the end of level 2 with the blinds at 50-100. I started the hand with around 6800 chips behind. The under the gun player, who was a total loose passive idiot limps, he has about 25K chips, having busted 2 people already! Than 4 more people limp behind him and I look down at pocket tens. My image was that I was a tight super agressive player, being I had re-raised a few times post flop. So I decided to make it 700 to go, basically a squeeze player with cards to back it up. Everyone folds back to the under the gun limper, who insta-calls. To me it looked like he had a medium sized pair or a decent Ace. Everyone else folds and we see a flop of J-10-8 rainbow. Gin for me, so I thought. So he leads out for 1000 about half the pot. I thought about the best way to get all my money in the pot, had seen him make some weak calls on a draw already. I decided to just shove hoping for a call. In called me in Hellmuth like fashion, couldn't get his money in fast enough. So my flopped set of tens was against what?? Of course he has the all mighty powerful Q-9 off! WTF limp under the gun and than call a 7x raise with that cheese! Of course I don't improve and I got knocked out the fastest I have ever in a Borgata $340 tournament! This play was just so poor on so many levels. As usual bad play gets rewarded, play cheese and flop a straight. Tomorrow I will post about the bad play at the $1-2 No Limit tables. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home