Friday, March 13, 2009

One Sick Hand!

Played in a Home Game at my Cousin Ant’s house last night. I played fine but hardly got any hands to play all night. Finished in 5th in both Sit-N-gos with top 3 getting paid so nothing much to report on my play. Did make a good lay down with top pair on a dry flop of 2-6-10. I had 9-10 suited and my cousin shoved for half my stack right into me, in a limped pot. Almost called being he has a tendency to overplay top pair. Just felt he had me out kicked or had 2 pairs. Call doesn’t make much sense to me being I only beat a complete bluff or maybe 10-8 or 10-7. I folded and he showed me 2-6, a big blind special. There was one crazy sick hand that my brother John was on the winning end of. You will rarely see a hand like this in a live No Limit Sit-n-Go. There were four people in the pot and the turn brought a 9 of diamonds, board of 10-8-2-9 with 3 diamonds. My brother leads out for one quarter the pot for 500T. Next player shoves, than the middle player shoves also, so my cousin goes into the tank. He has everyone covered so after a minute he calls also. My brother insta-calls very happily with the absolute nuts. Yes 3 players shoved into my brother after he turned a straight flush with the J-7 of diamonds from the Big Blind! First player had a King high flush, 2nd player had a Jack high straight and my cousin had a slow-played flopped set. He needed the board to pair to win the side pot but the river brought the six of diamonds. What a sick hand, live poker is so rigged! For all the players that think crazy things only happen online come play in our home games and you will see it all. Bad beats are the norm in these games. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. TGIF. Tony

P.S. – Please remember to click through on my Google Banner ,above this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home