Friday, July 24, 2009

Sit-N-Go Hand

Warning the hand I am about discuss is a bad beat so read ahead at your own risk! Played in another slow brutal bubble in a micro-stakes Sit-N-Go on Poker Stars. Like I have written about before only playing in these to try to win some extra cash in the Stars “Battle of the Planets” promotion. Anyway we are on bubble, which already has lasted 20 minutes. I shove A-9 off from the button, hadn’t been playing many hands, only showing down big hands. The big blind, who has maybe 20% more chips than me, snap calls with the mighty K-10 off. I don’t even have to talk about what a bad call this is, being he is either crushed or flipping. The flop comes a safe A-9-3 rainbow so I have top two pair and am looking to be the chip leader and hopefully win this SNG. Nope my hopes are crushed when a King comes on the turn and a King comes on the river. Bite me Joker Stars, what a joke. This beat put me on tilt for a few minutes, spewed chips in my other SNGs and live game until I came back to my senses. Moral of the story is if you grind a lot of Sit-N-Gos expect to feel tons of crazy beats. TGIF. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM , Anonymous SitNGoTraining.com said...

Yea, that is definitely a bad beat! But you know that is part of the game.

My question on your shove... what was your stack size compared to the blinds? In other words, I am trying to determine if you needed to shove here or if you could have achieve the same objective (stealing the blinds) with a 3x raise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home