Monday, September 12, 2011

Borgata HORSE Trip Report

I lasted 8 and 1/2 Brutal hours in the tournament. For a $400+50 buy in we were given 15K chips with the levels lasting 30 minutes. A deep structure for sure, that's why 123 players still made this a 2 day event. My table was mostly solid players with one exception, a young uber-aggressive player that player almost every hand for no matter how many raises. He played super bad and loose but it worked for him. He had most of the chips at the table all day. An hour after they broke the table he was still one of the chip leaders. It was unreal he did everything against what you should do but kept building up a stack. Maybe you need to play like a donk to win a limit tournament? This one Razz hand illustrates what I am talking about. It folds to me and I have the low card a 3 showing so I steal raise with Q-2-3. He calls the raise with a 9 showing. I catch perfect, an Ace and he catches a brick 10. I bet he calls again. I catch perfect again a 6 he catches a Jack. I bet he calls again! So let me recap I have 3-A-6 showing and he has 9-10-J showing, hmm. I bet and he calls once more. I make a wise ass comment and ask the table, "We are playing Razz right?" I hidden pair up on sixth and he catches good. On the River I pair up again but bet anyway. He calls with his Jack low and I loss with my Queen low! He played that so bad but got rewarded. There were other badly played hands by him such as when he 4 bet pre-flop in Holdem with A-9 off. I had A-Q suited and the other player had pocket eights. He turned a nine and dragged down a huge pot! Donks are what donk do. I will post more about this tournament tomorrow. Thanks for reading Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home