Tuesday, August 23, 2011

R.I.P.

Monday night we had to put our faithful pet Black Lab, Blacky down! She was the most gentle loving dog you could have. This dog wouldn't hurt a fly. You could take her food away while she was eating it and she wouldn't bite you. Old age is what got her. Her back hip and leg muscles basically shrunk away over the last year. It started with us having to carry her up and dog the stairs to take her out. It got worse and worse with her falling down and having trouble walking straight. Repeated trips to the Vet and medicine but her condition got worse and worse. It broke my wife and I's hearts to do it but last night we had to. She could no longer stand up on her own and she was crying yesterday. I stayed home from work to spend the day with her. Took her to the Vet last night and he gave her the shot. It was very peaceful with her going to sleep within 30 seconds with no fuss at all. We will miss her dearly. I hope there is a doggy heaven full of roasted Chicken and beef jerky for her! We will love you always Blacky! R.I.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home