Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trouble in Atlantic City

Sunday is Sneak peek day for my Ebook, "Trouble in Atlantic City". I have 45K words written of the rough draft. Here is an unedited chapter from it. Enjoy. Tony



If you tell people, from other parts of the country, that you are from New Jersey they make some bad joke by stating, “Oh yea, which exit”? This joke is referring to the fact that Route 95, called the New Jersey Turnpike, is the main road most people associate with our great state. The reason for this is that the Newark airport is located on the New Jersey Turnpike. Also that area is full of many chemical plants that emit bad smells and tons of pollution into the atmosphere. So when people are driving or getting driven out of the airport they pass through this area and it makes a bad first impression on them. We all know how hard it is to change a bad first impression of anything. This is why it’s so important for restaurants to look clean and well maintained on the outside. If it looks bad from the outside people won’t even give it a chance. So New Jersey is like a rundown restaurant that may never get a chance to show off how good their food is being the bad first impression ruins it. Anyway I have gone off on a tangent about my lovely state of New Jersey back to the story of how I almost got killed investigating another routine case of a couple getting intimidated by mobsters they owed money too. So I thought it was going to be another easy routine case for me. I didn’t know what I was getting myself involved with for this case until it was almost too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home