Sunday, August 27, 2006

$10-20 at the Taj.

My wife and I decided to go down to AC for some $10-20 Holdem. The games at the Taj on a saturday are juicy, to say the least! It was her first time in a game this high. She was nervous and was affraid of getting run over by the "Aggressive play". These ideas quickly disappeared. The game was loose passive pre-flop and then loose crazy after words! 7 or 8 people seeing a flop was common. There was money to be made here. We had 1 problem, on the ride down I was hungry so we went to a drive thru. for some fast food. Big mistake, huge! I had the runs for an hour and a half. I paid my time twice in the first hour and got to look at like 5 hands in between running back and forth to the bathroom.(By the way at the Taj they charge $5 a half an hour for $10-20, instead of a rake.) Anyway back to the game. Theresa had no problem adjusting to this game. She won almost every pot she was in. We only played for 2 hours being I was really sick and needed to sleep it off. She won $370 in this time, I won $80. What a great game. Here is an example of the crazy post-flop play. The under the gun player brings it in for a raise. The flop gets seen by 4 players, comes off A, 4, 5 rainbow. Original betters leads out, loose agressive asian player raises, everyone else folds. They go into a raising war getting $60 in there, which by the way I believe was too many raising being they weren't heads up on this round. (Didn't say anything, didn't want to be the table captain.) On the turn a 9 comes off and the original bettor leads and gets raised again, he calls. They both check the river. First guy had A-J off for a pair of aces, loose aggressive shows A-2 offf!! He did all that raising with top pair no kicker and a gut shot. Also called pre-flop raise with A-2 off. What bad play. I highly recommend this game to anyone that wants to make money. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home