Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Running Bad!

Lately I have been running so bad in live play and online that I feel like I can't beat the games anymore. It feels
like I am the fish at every table I am playing at. My Jacks and queens keep running into Aces. When I am running good
I am able to lay hands down when I know I am beat. To be fair to myself a few times the board had been 10 high with no
realisitic staights or flushes out there. Then when I do have aces or A-K on a king high board some yo-yo with q-2
chases me down with bottom pair. (Of course catching a 2 on the river and raising me up.) I not believing that 2 helped
him pay him off! I was long overdue for this losing streak. I have not had 3 losing days in a row in over 6 months! I
have been here before and I always feel lousy about it. I have moved down in stakes. (Have gone from $3-6/$2-4 to $1-2
online now.) Last night it feels like I have finally turned the corner. I had my first winning night in a week. Very
small win of $8 in 2 hours. Doesn't sound like much but 2BB an hour is a good win rate. Tonight I will try to put
another small win in my record books. Whenever I feel my play is slipping these small victories always help rebuild my
confidence. One of these days soon I will continue with my WSOP posts about our Vegas trip. I will also do some posts
after we play at the Borgata Open and the USPC at the Taj in September. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home