Friday, December 08, 2006

Low Limit is Brutal.

I was playing some LHE online last night with missed results. I am convinced it's harder to win at 1-2/2-4 then at 3-
6/5-10. For one thing the rake is worse on a percentage wise, at the lower levels. Also the schooling effect seams to
take center stage at the lower limits. Example I had queens last night and brought it in for a raise. 6 people saw the
flop with me! Queens are great heads up or against 2 players. Against 6 and you almost have to hit a queen or a
straight to win the pot. At 3-6 I would have raised and 1 person with like A-J would have called. As long as nothing
scary comes out I can bet the hand to the river and win a decent pot. Another hand I raised with A-J suited, 5 people
saw a flop of 6-7-J offsuit. Guy before me bets and I raise. Everyone folds but original bettor who 3 bets me. I call
and just intend to call him down. He fires at every street to catch runner-runner clubs to beat me. He had A-K of
clubs. Caught nothing on the flop but keep betting. I know it sounds like I am complaining about bad beats but it's
brutal playing those lower limits. I guess I am just venting. In the long run you want donkeys pushing with nothing but
dominated overcards. You will make money that way over time. It just hurts so bad when they keep sucking out! That's
it for today. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home