Monday, November 20, 2006

Yet more $10-20 at the Borgata.

Played some great $10-20 LHE at the Borgata this weekend. We have been employing a hit and run strategy in this game
for the last few weeks. This weekend we will try playing in a really long season. As a test we will play for around 10
hours to see if our results are the great as the hit and runs have been. When I say we I am referring to my wife and
I's combined sesson results. We don't soft play each other but we do consider the money each of us wins/losses as one
in the same. Here is a big hand that we both got involved in that didn't leave my wife happy! I picked up Aces on the
button. 2 people had already limped, I brought it in for a raise. My wife defended her big blind with pocket 4s. The
four of us saw a flop of 4-3-5. Not a great flop but could this have helped my opponants? Of course it could we were
playing limit :-). Guy to my left(9 seat) leads out. I raise and my wife re-raises. Alarms should have gone off in my head
but for some strange reason I put her on Kings and the guy in between us on a straight draw. I capped on the flop, one
person folded so the 3 of us went to the turn. Turn was what I thought a great card for me a 3. I bet, my wife and 9
seat both called. Hmm I must be good in this hand. River brought a perfect Ace for me! I bet and my wife now raised.
9 seat finally had enough and folded. I re-raised and she raised me again. At this point she had like $40 left from
her stack that was $250 a few minutes ago. I made a comment that I can't believe you have 4 threes here! I raised
again and she put herself all in. Meanwhile the whole table was in shock. We put in like 6 bets on the river. I
turned over my Aces full to crush her 4s full. I felt bad but we make it a practice to play each other hard. Also to
always show the table what we had so they don't think one of us was "protecting" the others hand. I sucked out on the
river but had the best hand going in. This quelled any notions that we every soft play each other at the table. The
hand brought about a lot of discussion for the next few minutes. I liked her play except think she should have check
raised my on the turn. I would have considered folding here being I remotely thought she may have flopped a set. Hope
you enjoyed this hand. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home