Sunday, April 15, 2007

Taj Report

Played at the Taj Yesterday. Nothing exciting to report from the tournament. Felt I played well but I couldn't win a coin flip in an important situation. Went all in from late position with pocket 8s for 3800T. After 2 limpers were in. Blind were at 200-400 with a 50 ante. A terrible player called me for half his chips in the big blind. A-Qo, what a bad play that he didn't need to make. Of well A-Q has been a bad hand for me for some time. I lose with it and it cracks my pairs over and over again. The tournament itself was great. Within 20 minutes they broke 2 tables down. People were getting knocked out on total donkey plays. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was playing a MTT on Party Poker! Example of bad play, with the blinds at 25-50 a guy, with a party hat on, makes it 1000 to go! He gets called by another donkey. They check it down to the river. What do they have you ask? Hmm first donkey has A-8 sooted, for a pair of eights. 2nd donkey has Q-Ko, he never even tries to steal the pot. Play was horrible, anyway you look at it. This is the way it goes in these $100 tournaments these days. I will play this one again, good value playing at the Taj these days. I have a lot to post about the live games. Will do it later today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM , Blogger Cousin Ant said...

Hey Ant,

Went to the Taj Sunday morning and played in the $80+20 tournament.
Well, 1st time playing live in AC and I really stunk up the joint.
I played so bad, completely different than my normal tight play. (I knew watching Toto Leonidas play the previous night on the PPT wasn't a good idea) Wasn't getting good cards so i successfully stole a couple of pots early on. Than I thought i could keep getting away with it and kept getting caught. Found myself shortstacked in a hurry and went all in with pocket tens....got called by pocket J's and my day was done. The good news is my friend finished 2nd.
Thinking about it today..I'll give myself a mulligan for yesterday and take it as a valuable lesson.

Anyway...after the tourney we headed over to the borgata and WOW!!....what a room! Played a sit n go there and donked out pretty quick also.
BTW...we were better off playing the cheaper tournament at the Borgata.. More players = bigger prize pool.
The Taj tourney payed $1650 1st place (45 entrants) and the borgata tourney payed $4,100 1st place.(not sure about how many entrants)
Well, Good luck and I'll keep you posted about when I'm going down next.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Ant,

It's your first time playing, so don't feel bad. You will do better next time. Let me know the next time you are going down. Luckily it was only a $100 tournament. Talk to you some time this week. Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home