Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ramblings

I am running well in Online poker these days. Played a Hi/Lo SNG on Stars last night and took 2nd in it. Should have won it but my opponent was very lucky. He was calling my 3rd and 4th street raises with air. Then pairing up on 6th or 7th street. When we were heads up it was pretty much a crapshoot anyway. These turbo SNGs tend to be like this at that point. Played more low limit no limit on Stars and did well also, won 1 buy in within an hour. Problem is once I am up lose the drive to play on further. When I am down I don’t want to stop. It’s bad to be results orientated but I am. Want to put that win in my record log everyday. What it means is that I ride my loses down but quit with a small win often. This is a bad habit I have gotten into. Need to work on not caring about the days results, just look at the big picture. The big picture for me has been great in live and online poker. As for tournaments it hasn’t been good at all. I probably should just quit playing in them and stick to ring games. Problem is that I am looking for that one big score. You know that life-changing hit. (Sort of like hitting the lottery.) Many people are looking for the same thing. Guess that’s why tournament poker has exploded in recent years. Speaking of tournament poker it’s less then 3 weeks for us to go to the WSOP. I love Vegas and the WSOP even more. For all the complaints about it there is still some magic attraction that pulls me back every year. Could this be my year? Just one big win there would be awesome. I know I can do it. I have final tabled so many Hi/lo stud, RAZZ, and HORSE tournaments online. Just need to extend that out to a live tournament. In 2004 I played my first WSOP tournament and have been hooked ever since. It was the $2500 HORSE tournament that Scott Fishman won. I played really well, got lucky also. Started off with a bang, had a big stack for hours. Then I got moved to a tough table of seasoned tournament pros/high stakes players. They just killed me in the Stud leg of HORSE. Since then I have practiced Stud and think I can now hold my own. We shall see in 3 weeks. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Don’t forget about the charity tournament on Sunday at Poker Stars. See my previous post for the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home