Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fulltilt Tokens.

Played another token 18 man SNG on Fulltilt last night. I came in 2nd, won another chip. That’s 3 in a row. I have written about this before. The Chip SNGs and tournaments are so full of fish on Fulltilt. I consider myself a decent player, not great. Yet I am getting a chip in over 50% of the the 18 man ones. I have played a few of the Token Frenzy tournaments with great results also. These are of the MTT style, with like one token given away for every 4 entries. People just don’t seam to get proper tournament strategy when all the finishes pay the same. They either play too tight or too loose. You don’t need to accumulate chips, just need to have enough that you are not the short stack at the table. Last night on the bubble I saw a guy call off most of his chips, when he had an M of 8, with Q-10 off. Maybe he was getting frustrated being we were on the bubble for 20 minutes, I don’t know what he was thinking. You need patience to play in these. Last night’s was pretty long for an 18 man token SNG. Lasted almost 2 hours, which was the first time I have seen one go this long. When we were 5 handed the all in player must have won at least 15 times to avoid elimination. I survived 3 of them myself. In one hand I had K-Q of spades. The flop was J-10-3 with 2 spades. I pushed and got called by J-Q for most of his chips. I rivered a spade to survive. He was down to 220 chips. He doubled up 4 times and was in 2nd chip position 5 minutes later. After being this low he won a chip also. There was some odd play in this one. Not saying all the play was bad, people seamed to know to push when their M was low. I will continue playing in these on a daily basis. Now I need to find some $26 tournaments to use my chips in. As for live poker I really feel the itch to play some. This weekend we will try to play a short session at Foxwoods. My wife plans on playing in the Stud event at the WSOP this year. She needs to get some live Stud practice in. Hopefully Saturday morning we can play for 4 hours or so. I guess I will play some $10-20 LHE. I will post a trip report on Sunday. I can’t wait for the WSOP! Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home