Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WPT $2100 Super

I arrived in AC on Saturday looking forward to winning my seat into the WPT Main event. The Super started at 1:00pm with 10,000T an 40 minute blinds. It seamed like a great structure, with a lot of play. Really by the 4th level no one at the table was that safe. My plan was to play super tight for the first five levels and then use my table image to my advantage. It worked out very well for me. I was up to 20,000 by level six. Felt my play was great, had a read on most of the table. We lost 2 players and had 3 very short stacks at our table. I decided it was time to make some moves. On one hand I raised 3 times the Bid Blind with 8-9 suited. If folded around to the big blind who thought and thought about his decision. He was very short so I thought he would push for sure. He showed me A-K and folded!! That's when I knew my image was working perfectly. I was able to chip up nicely for the next few levels. Then the worm turned on me. I went card dead, my steals were met by re-steals. Then I called a shorts push with Queens only to run into Aces. Then my Jacks got cracked by A-10 off. BTW - we started with 285 players, they gave out 60 seats to the main event. When we got down to 120 players left I was a short stack myself, actually half the table was. I went into push monkey mode. I was pushing twice every orbit. It was working but then I ran Queens into Aces again. I became short again when we were down to 100 players. Nothing major happened and my stack just slowly got eaten away. I finished in 90th place. Played for six and a half hours and won nothing for it. I wanted to play in the main event so bad! Of well next time I guess. I will write about my other tournaments later on today. That's it for now. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home