Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sit-N-Gos Rule!

I have decided that Sit-N-Gos are awesome. I taught my wife how to play poker a few years ago. Now watching her play Sit-N-Gos has taught me how to beat them. Played in three 6 man ones last night on FullTilt, two seconds and one first. Two of them were Turbo and one was regular. Aggression is very important but need to choose the right player to attack. All I did last night was attack the tight players and avoid the maniacs. In one of them I just pounded on one player every orbit when we were three handed. The one time he played back at me I let him have my raise of 2 ½ times the big blind. It was great he wanted to make the money real bad so played extra tight. All it did was assure his third place, out of the money finish. I have been there myself. On some nights I want to just cash so bad that I fold my way into being the bubble boy. It’s not the right way to play in these. Just bad poker to try to squeak into the money. Need to play aggressive and go for the win always. My wife has the right idea and style to beat Sit-N-Gos. Start off playing really tight and then when the time is right start pushing people around. I have watched her do it time and time again. Think I will start playing a bunch of them myself. Plus FullTilt has a Sit-N-Go leader board every month. The top 100 Sit-N-Go players win multiple buyins of their favorite level. In other words if your most played SNG for the month was $26 and you finish in say 20th for the month then you win ten $26 buyins. They have a low and a high contest. The high is for all SNGs $24 and above, low is for below $24. Next month I will focus on them and see how high I can finish. Will post about it on this BLOG. That’s it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home