Thursday, April 03, 2008

Back On Track to WSOP Step 6

Back on track for the WSOP Steps. I hope to have a Step 6 by the end of the weekend. I am now back up to 2-Step 4s. I should have 3 being I got all in with A-J on an Ace high flop. Pocket eights made the donkey call and rivered an 8 to send me home on the bubble. Felt I was running bad but playing well last night. Lost some huge coin flips but somehow managed to claw my way though them. Did some grinding at the short-handed limit HE tables on Full Tilt. Had good results winning 15BBs in less than 2 hours. Also been playing a lot of low limit Stud on ultimate, to clear my huge amount on bonus I have built up there. It’s crazy; at one time I had $1200 in bonus sitting there, with only a $150 roll to clear it with. Now I have it down to $1050 in Bonus. Good thing about playing Stud is every hand I earn a raise status point and Ultimate points being there is an ante. While playing HE there, only earn points when I call pre-flop or am in one of the blinds.(Also the pot has to be raked a certain amount.) This is why I don’t play as much at Ultimate, they have really made it hard to clear your bonus there. Full Tilt is so much better for Bonus clearing and rake back. You get credit for every hand you are dealt, as long as any rake is taken from the pot. If even 5c is raked from the pot you earn partial Full points for the hand. So you can be a total nit and still earn something for being at the table. This is even better than Poker Stars rules. At Poker Stars you only earn a FPP when the rake reaches a certain amount. This is ok at the higher levels being the rake almost always hits the amount. For low limit players it takes much longer to clear your bonus and earn FPPs. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - If you don’t have a Full Tilt account, what are you waiting for? Please try them out by clicking on my Full banner at the bottom of this page.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I don't remember the other player's handle, I did indeed call an all-in in a Step2 SNG last night with pocket eights. Not sure if it was you, but it was not a donkey call. My stack was short and the blinds were big. Had to make a move.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Don't worry I don't hold a grudge from beats. Thanks for reading. Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home