Thursday, August 07, 2008

First Impressions

Playing with the tilt-monkey continued last night. By chance I choose a table he was at and I sat down right next to him. It turns out that he/she is actually a good solid player. Didn’t read any comments in the chat so he probably forgot about me or just ignored me. Looked in the lobby and he was seated at 6 tables of the same level so he’s probably one of those solid semi-pro grinders. This is another important poker lesson, don’t let one session form an impression of how a player plays. Everyone has off days when they aren’t playing up to potential. This guy turned out to be a very good TAG.(Tight Aggressive Player) Every time he was in a pot and raising he had what he was representing. There wasn’t any easy money to be made from him. While I was at the table with him the money in front of him got doubled. I played this table and one other. I made 9BBs in two hours. I’ll take it, a wins a win. At the same time I played in a satellite for event number 5 of the FTOPS.($216 Stud, 100K guarantee on Friday night.) I got deep but missed cashing being I went card dead. It looks like this FTOPS will be a huge success. Event number one had a 1 million guarantee and before late registration was over the pool was almost 1.2 million, with first getting over 199K! BTW – Full Tilt finally added a late registration feature to their software. It was a smart move being it only benefits them to have more people buying into these guaranteed events. Actually this update of the software has made their awesome interface even better. The table colors are nicer and the graphics are even smoother. I like their interface even more than River Stars but I will continue to play at each site. If you don’t have a Full Tilt account please click through on my Full Tilt banner, above this post, using promotion code “AVIGANOLA”. Leave me a comment(with your new screen name), to this post and after your first real money deposit I will give you another bonus, on top of the one they give new players. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home