Monday, September 29, 2008

King of Rebuys

I am the King of Rebuy tournaments on River Stars. Yesterday I cashed in my 4th one straight. It was the $3.30 rebuy and the cash was small just $21, but the tournament only cost me $6.30. When down to 900 I had a ton of chips, like 42K, twice the average. Really felt I was going to go deep in this one, 720 places paid. Then I ran into a cooler for almost half my chips. I raised in middle position with A-J of hearts and got flat called by the button. The flop came J-2-4 with two hearts, gin for me, so I thought. I C-bet for half the pot and got min-raised. So I shoved having him covered and he insta-called with pocket rockets! No help for me on the turn or river and I was down to around 21K. I don’t know of many players who could get away from this hand, especially with the stack sizes. If anyone thinks differently please leave me a comment about it. Then I took a few stabs at pots and spewed some more chips. When we got 40 from the money I was down to 6K with an M of 3! I held on to crack the money bubble and cash. Thing is I really felt I played well in this one. Before I played I listened to one of Poker Road’s all Strategy Podcasts with Negreanu and Bonomo. I learned a bunch of tricks that really helped me in the Rebuy tournament. If you haven’t subscribed to this podcast you are missing one of the best ones out there. These guys do a really great and entertaining job of giving tournament tips to the listeners. Really feels like they aren’t holding much back at all! Bonomo has a great voice, probably could do a radio show. Negreanu is very funny and clever himself. Totally recommend to all my readers to listen to these, if you don’t you are missing a lot of great free advice! They have 3 episodes so far, looking forward to the next one. Just go to the Itunes store and search for Poker Road, then subscribe to the All Strategy Podcast. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Please continue to click through on my Google Banner, above this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home