Friday, September 19, 2008

Back to My Winning Ways

Last night I broke through my losing streak. I won back 1/3 of what I lost from Tuesday’s sick bad beats. In live play I did quite well winning 20BBs. Also played in Sit-n-gos and cashed in 3 of 4. The one lose I had was all in pre-flop with Kings against Ace Jackass, ace on the river and IGH in 5th. The only thing I lost at was a Deep Stack Hi/Lo Pot Limit Omaha tournament on Stars. I really screwed this one up by playing too tight late in it. We started out with 90 players, when down to 60 I was in the chip lead. I got there by being in a sick cooler hand, on the winning end for a change. On the turn I had a Royal Flush to Top Full house. On the river we got it all in, Queens full to a Club Royal. This double up propelled me into the lead. This was a really well structured tournament with 5000 chips and 30 minute blinds. It started at 6:15 and I didn’t realize how long it was going to take. By 11:15 we were two players away from popping the bubble. I was real tired and by this point the short stack. Played way too tight, also got quartered a few times to eat away at my stack. I got knocked out in 20th, which was real frustrating. I could have just sat out, when I had the chip lead, and finished in the top 15 without even playing any hands. Oh well you live and learn. I will play in this tournament again, just not on a work night. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – You know the drill please click through on my Google Banner, above this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home