Thursday, October 30, 2008

The State of Online Poker

A friend of mine thought that after the government’s BS law got passed that Online Poker would slowly die out. I totally disagreed but he had some valid points. The harder it got to fund/withdraw from your account the less fish there would be playing online. I am starting to agree with this idea, but a few nights play does not prove this. Last night was just brutal for me online. I ran A-K into a set after flopping and Ace or King around 8 times. Then whenever I would flop a set I would get no action at all. This second point had me thinking about my friend’s theory. The good players will jump through every hoop possible to fund their accounts. The bad/fishy players that are losing a ton of money might not go through all the trouble. Also they will need to reload their accounts much more often than the good players. I don’t know, these are just my recent thoughts on online play. Maybe if I start crushing the games again I will think differently. How about ESPN’s WSOP coverage Tuesday night? We enjoyed it so much! The hand where Chino flops a set of Tens and loses to pocket Nines who makes a straight was just so brutal. I loved how well Chino handled this loss. If it happened to Hellmuth we would still here his ranting about it. Tiffany Michelle came off as being a not very nice person, to say the least. Wife and I couldn’t figure out why ESPN would make her look so bad. Maybe her behavior was so much like what they showed that they didn’t have a choice? I would think they would want to make her out to look like the next great thing in poker. Young and attractive females are always good for ratings! Now I am looking forward to the final table, finally. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Please click through on my Google Banner, above this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home