Friday, February 27, 2009

Neil's Home Game

I had a fun and winning night playing at my Cousin Neil’s house. Something weird happened to me there last night. I got my money in really bad and I sucked out big time. I got my money in with pocket Jacks against pocked Kings. Worse yet one of the Jacks I needed was already out so there was only one left for me to catch. I flopped a Jack and collected the player with pocket King’s bounty. We wound up chopping the second Sit-N-Go 3 ways, that and getting 3 bounties made it a very profitable night for me. Also they decided to raise up the stakes for the 2nd Sit-N-Go and we had an unusually high 11 players in this one. Another really crazy thing happened to me in this game, my hands held up against all ins all night! You heard that right my pocket nines beat Ace-Jackass all in pre-flop. My pocket Tens beat A-7 sooted all in pre-flop. Also I called all-ins that almost had me covered with pocket pairs and they held up. It is such a new thing for me to have the best hand hold up at my cousin’s game that I was in shock. Did make a bad move to get knocked out of the first Sit-n-Go. I played it really solid/tight until we got down to 5 players(With 3 being paid.). In the small blind I had around 2500 chips left with the blinds at 300-600. It got folded to me and I shoved my 9-6 sooted into my Cousin Ant. He was about to fold but kept talking himself out of it. Finally he made a great/sick call for half his stack with K-10 off. The flop came 8-7-2 for a ton of outs for me but I didn’t get there. He knocked me out and got my bounty. He put a sick good read on me and made a great call, IMHO. I was happy with my move being I think it works like 80% of the time, in that spot. Of course against a good player, like my cousin, probably should of waited for a better spot. TGIF. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home