Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poker Math

Last night the math of Poker didn’t seem to make much sense to me. Hands where I am 60% or more to win pre-flop should hold up often. Some nights it doesn’t feel like the math is right at all. I started off the night losing 4 hands in a row when 60% favorite pre-flop all in. Started off with a Donkey who was pushing every other hand in a $20 Double or Nothing on River Stars. He shoves for half of my stack and I snap call with A-K off. Donkey has K-7 off which I am dominating 2.5-1 favorite. Seven on the river and my fun night starts. Now I am short and I shove A-J off from the button. The Big Blind snap calls me with K-Jack off. You know how the story goes, King on the flop and IGH in 10th! This continued for an hour with me losing 5 Sit-N-Gos straight. Then something weird happened my hands started to hold up. I went on to cash in 3 straight to recover much of my losses. My conclusion is the variance in Poker these days is worse than ever being people are playing so crazy! I will be at it again tonight, fighting to make A-K hold up against K-J. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Please help me retire before I am 90 by clicking through on my Google Banner, above this post. Also if you want to try out Full Tilt us Referral Code “AVIGANOLA” and I will transfer you extra money on top of the sign up bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home