Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Live Poker is So Rigged, NOT

I was involved at one of the craziest hands you will ever see in Limit HE. (Also one of the biggest pots I have ever seen in $5-10 Limit, but it was a kill pot so $10-20 for this hand.) It was in a live game at Foxwoods, if it was online the “Online Poker is Rigged Crowd” would have had a field day with it. Four people limped in and a late position player raised it up. Both blinds and all the limpers saw a flop six handed. Flop was 3-6-8 rainbow and the betting got slowly capped. What I mean by slowly is that people would call then get trapped for another bet and it would get re-raised and they would be trapped again. I was one of those people that got trapped for four bets on the flop, as well as my wife. Turn brought a nine and the betting got crazy again, 5 way capped, I folded my gut shot but my wife had a pair and an open ended straight draw with her 9-7 sooted. River brought a blank and it got capped again. By now the pot was just huge, around $500 hundred. At the show down we saw three sets that all lost and a gut shot made on the turn that dragged down the monster pot! I have never seen three sets all loss in the same pot! Pocket threes, pocket sixes, and pocket nines. They all lost to 7-10 off that got trapped into calling four bets on the flop. Sick thing is he had to call 2 bets cold on the flop with a gut shot and he did. I have also seen set over set over set on the flop two times in my life of playing HE. Crazy things happen and they happen more often when multi-tabling online so get used to seeing every possible nutty thing happen. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home