Monday, December 07, 2009

MTT Score Recap

I have gone back to my old MTT style and it’s working much better for me. Play a super tight/super aggressive style until we break the money bubble. Then I play my short stack very aggressive, shoving at least once an orbit. It worked well for me yesterday when I finished in 276 out of over 7200 players in a 20K guarantee on Poker Stars. I kept shoving my Ace-rag and suited connector hands over limpers or I would open shove even lighter as first man in. My timing yesterday was just awesome. In one hand I had Q-K of diamonds and was about to shove from the button when for some reason I had this feeling it would be the end of my tournament if I did. There was a middle position limper and it just felt wrong for me to play the hand. The small blind shoved and the middle position limper snap called. Small blind had pocket Tens and limper had A-K. I would have been drawing really thin and this would have knocked me out in 400th place. I built up a nice stack when I shoved from late position with A-2 sooted and the Big Blind woke up with pocket Queens. I rivered an Ace to suck out for once. At that point my M was finally up to 10 so I had some breathing room. Really felt the over $4K first prize was in my grasp. The hand that did me in was I shoved over a limper from the button with A-5 and the limper snap called me with pocket Kings. No suck out this time, oh well there is always next time. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home