Friday, December 04, 2009

Sit-N-Go Grind

I had a good night at Sit-N-Gos yesterday. I played in three and cashed in all of them. One of them really stung being I got heads up and had the villain down to 40 chips and still had to settle for 2nd! With his 40 chips he went on to win 5 all ins in a row. I was ahead in 3 and behind in 2 but only a 40-60 behind. Lately I have plugged a ton of my heads up leaks and have had great heads up success. Been winning around 65% of my heads up play and I usually was getting heads up with a chip deficit. As long as I focus am usually able to zig and zag to a win. I believe the trick is to figure out your opponent’s style and take him out of his comfort zone. If they are folding to re-raises I will start over pushing their button raises. Then when I sense they are getting frustrated I won’t do it until I have a big hand. With other opponents I will stab at every flop providing they are folding too often heads up. You see this more at the lower level Sit-N-Gos. Sometimes you play against a maniac who raises or shoves every hand. This type is the hardest for me to play against but I just try to trap them. The whole trick is to figure out their style and counter it. I will be at the Sit-N-Gos again tonight, stop by and say hello if you see me on Stars. Will also try my luck at some MTTs this weekend. Will hopefully have something good to post about on Sunday or Monday. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home